Painting Class Inspirations

So Friday night I went to a painting class called Sip-n-Doodle in McKinney. It was a lot of fun. Of course do to my current situation (baby in the belly) I didn't sip on wine like the rest of the class, but had a good time anyways. You should definitely check one of these classes out in your area they are not the typical painting class. They are a lot more fun :)
So on to why I am writing this blog. At the class I chose to paint a really cute picture of a monkey with a banana hanging over it's head for my baby to be :) After finishing it I realized that my 5 year old would not be very happy if I didn't paint something for her too. So I decided I would do a dog with a bone for her (dogs are her favorite animals).

First I went and bought a canvas and some more acrylic paint from Michael's. The size of canvas that I wanted only came in a 3 pack for $10.99 :( However I was able to use a 50% off coupon from the website on my phone (i love technology) which made the price much more reasonable :)

My first step was to paint the background. I chose to mix blue, purple and white for a pretty periwinkle type of color. I did the mixing of the colors on the canvas like I learned to in my class. It really does make a difference and makes it not look so flat :)

After letting that dry (I sure wish I had a blow dryer like they did in class...so today I went and bought one...didn't help me last night for this painting, but I have 2 blank canvases that need to be painted) I used a piece of chalk to draw out my design for my dog and the bone. This was another tip I learned in class.
Then it was time to start painting the dog and the bone. I made sure I mixed my colors on the canvas and painted until it looked the way I wanted it to. I wasn't sure when I started how it would look with out the guidance of a "real" artist, but I am very happy with the way it turned out.

Comments

Popular Posts