Labor Day Weekend

So I think I may have had one of the best Labor Day Weekends I have had in a long time, and it's not quite over yet. I still have tomorrow :)

It's not that I really did anything all that exciting... I didn't go out of town or even to the lake or anything like that.

What I did do is spend the entire weekend with my boyfriend and his family.

Thursday night we went to his soccer game and then out with my friends at Electric Cowboy afterwards, which as always is a blast.

Friday I went to work, and then afterwards drove to his brother Chris' house (it's a little over an hour drive, but overall not too bad) where we hung out, watched some TV, played with his niece, ate some pizza, played a game, and went to bed.

Saturday morning we got up and got dressed then went to his parents house. We went with them to the tux fitting for his brother Josh's wedding and while him and his dad were getting fitted his mom and I went to look for a dress for her (we didn't end up finding one) and then went back to pick them up. Then we went to his dad's work to help with moving some stuff, and then to someones house to pick up a tree limb that had fallen. After all that we ran by WalMart to get some stuff for dinner and headed back to his parents house. His brother Chris and his wife and their little girl came over for dinner. We had a good time and I had fun playing with McKenzie. Then Michael left for work and a short while later me and his mom realized he left his phone at the house. So we took it to him (little more than 30 min drive each way) and talked with him for a few minutes at his work. Then we went back to his parents house and I played on his computer until the wee hours of the morning and crawled into bed about an hour before he got off of work.

He came home around 7 Sunday morning and crawled into bed with me where I slept until 3pm at which time I decided to get up and shower and get ready for the rest of the day. He was still sleeping, and I didn't want to wake him up so I went outside to see what everyone else was up to. His dad and grandpa were working on building a storage shed and his grandma was watching so I talked with her for a while and "helped" when asked to get things or hold things (I'm not much help when it comes to building stuff but I can hand things to people and usually hold things). Michael woke up and by that time his dad had realized he needed a few more things from the hardware store so me and Michael went and got them (about a 15 min drive each way). When we got back we went inside to watch some TV and Michael ate a huge bowl of Macaroni and Cheese. A little bit later it was time for Michael to go to work again and I had Chinese food with his parents and grandparents for dinner yummy :) Then I played with one of the cats and one of the dogs for a while.For the past few hours I have been sitting at his computer again playing on the computer.

So while it wasn't an extremely exciting event filled weekend, it was a perfect calm relaxing weekend with people I enjoy being around and plenty of smiles and laughs. Tomorrow I get to go get my princess which will I am sure end my weekend in a wonderful way because she is my little angel and I miss her when she's gone. Then it'll be back to school on Tuesday for my 3 and a half day week (Wednesday I will only work a half day, because I am getting a tooth extracted).

Comments

Popular Posts