My top 10 favorite books for my 4 year old boy

This list of the top 10 are not in order. These are just my favorite 10 to read to my little guy and why.

1. No David by David Shannon - I love this book because my son does almost everything in this book. He's all boy just like David. Sometimes we even switch out David's name for his and he always laughs and giggles through the book. It is available for purchase on Amazon for about $12.60 for a hardcover.


2. Llama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney - We love this book. It was perfect to read before I took him to preschool for the first time, and he still asks for it regularly. We love books that have some rhythm or rhyme to them. It is available for purchase on Amazon for about $10.23 for a hardcover edition. 


3. The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? by Mo Willems - This book is really pretty funny with dialog mainly from the pigeon, but some from the duckling too. My little guy loves hearing this book when I do the different voices. His favorite time is when he gets his big sister to read it to him though, and I love that too. It is available for purchase on Amazon for about $12.86 for the hardcover edition.


4. There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Shell! by Lucille Colandro - This book is pretty funny. We read it for the first time shortly after returning from a trip to the beach and he thought it was very funny. He really like books that have rhythm and a rhyme to them. This is available for purchase on Amazon for about $6.64 for the paperback edition.


5. If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff  - This book is pretty funny. My little guy likes all the crazy thing the Moose asks for. We actually got the version we have in a kids meal from chick fila which is a pretty sweet deal. This is available on Amazon for about $10.82 in hardcover format.


6. Five Little Monkeys Bake a Birthday Cake by Eileen Christelow - We found this book at a garage sale this summer, and it has quickly become one of my son's favorites. He loves reading about the 5 monkeys. We now have a couple of the others from this series also. This is available on Amazon for about $6.99 for a paperback edition.


7. Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale by Mo Willems - This book is pretty good. I like the treatment for the illustrations more than the story, but my son seems to really enjoy the story. It reminds me of how attached my daughter was to her bunny when she was little. This is available on Amazon for about $8.99 for the hardcover edition.


8. Counting Cockatoos by Stella Blackstone - This book is honestly not one of my favorites, but my little guy loves to find the cockatoos on every page and count along with the book. It is not a horrible book just not my favorite, but it is definitely one of my little guy's favorites. I have to tell him pick something different every other night. Because I get tired of reading the same book every night. This book is available on Amazon for about $7.87 for the board book edition.


9. Press Here by Herve Tullet- I have no idea why my son loves this book so much. It is interactive and I guess that has a lot to do with it, but I really like books with stories much better thatn this book, but this is one of his favorites. I hid it the other night, because I needed a break from it, but I am sure I will pull it back out in another day or two. It is available on Amazon for $8.18 for the hard cover edition.


10. Alice the Fairy by David Shannon - This is a cute story and he loves the magic parts of it. I am not a fan of saying the broccoli is poisoned, because now he asks if all of his food is poisoned. I do really like reading the book to him and am happy I have it. It is available on Amazon for $12.95 for the hardcover edition.


I hope you enjoy looking at some of our favorite books and check some out for yourself, and remember if you don't want to own a copy you can always check out your local library.

Comments

Popular Posts