My "New" Stool

So a few weeks ago I saw this really cute stool on http://www.pinterest.com/ I loved it, and decided I could make one for myself with the stool i already had in my classroom, some paint I already had at home, and a feather boa I bought at michaels for about $6. I try to find the picture of the stool that was my inspiration and post it on here later.

First I decided what colors I wanted to use and what design I wanted on my stool. I decided to go with a mainly black and white theme using zebra print and leopard print (not normal leopard colors) with a horse and my name on the seat (our school mascot is the Mustangs).

I then painted the whole stool white and then drew out my design except for the leopard print....that was done freehand with the paints later.




After I finished drawing it all on with pencil it was time to start adding on the colored paints. It took a few days to complete just doing a little here and there when I had an extra minute here or there.

I was able to finish up the stool on my birthday and I was so excited about it. I love how it turned out. www.pinterest.com is an amazing website and has some great fun ideas to try. I'm lovin' it.

Comments

Popular Posts